Highlighted

RH 11: Is there a responsive .css?

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should a responsive .css be used for Responsive HTML projects? My H1, H2 etc. headers stay the same size and look way too large for mobile viewing.

You need to change the sizing of graphics and tables to percentages in order for them to adjust…but what about the general .css
formatting?

Are there .css guidelines for responsive projects so that everything adjusts properly for viewing on different size devices? How is it
done?

Any help appreciated. I’m using Adobe RoboHelp 11.013.268

pic.png

Topics

HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RH 11: Is there a responsive .css?

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should a responsive .css be used for Responsive HTML projects? My H1, H2 etc. headers stay the same size and look way too large for mobile viewing.

You need to change the sizing of graphics and tables to percentages in order for them to adjust…but what about the general .css
formatting?

Are there .css guidelines for responsive projects so that everything adjusts properly for viewing on different size devices? How is it
done?

Any help appreciated. I’m using Adobe RoboHelp 11.013.268

pic.png

Topics

HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest editing the CSS to specify 100% for your Headings as well as the body font. It's a simple thing to try if you don't wish to disrupt existing settings. Just create a new CSS and associate it with all the topics. Then generate and test.

Cheers... Rick

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding so fast.

I tried a new CSS with 100% on everything and but it didn’t work. I’ll try other %s and see what happens. Thanks,

Regina Fitzgerald

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Responsive help uses two CSS files, one for the layout itself and one (or more) for the topics.

The layout.css should not be used for the topics and it would be difficult to do so as it does not contain the styles you would use in a topic. I'll assume you are not using that.

Your own CSS should automatically resize and I haven't had any issues with that. Try using the supplied default.css without any modifications to see if the problem goes away. If it does, then you can start comparing styles.

I'm also wondering if there is a resizing issue caused by the images. Try one of the sample projects to see how they work. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I am using the .css in the Project File…so it should be the correct one. I tried using the default .css and it didn’t work either.

I think the type font is too large to resize properly. I don’t seem to have a problem with the other topics.

I can do a work around by making it an image.

Thank you for your help.

Regina

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What size is set in Rh?

@petergrainge

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our Marketing Department designed the homepage and they used a larger font size. This is the size that did not adjust.

Rh:

TitleBook is 30-t

Title is 18pt.

H1 is 14pt.

Default:

H1

Regina

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regina, you might want to reconsider replying via email.

Or, adjust the footer that gets transmitted to forum posts. I'll remove your phone number in the reply.

Cheers... Rick

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For test purposes I would try reducing those sizes somewhat to see if that gives the desired result. If it does you will need to explain things to your marketing guys. If not, post back here.

@petergrainge

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines