• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 11 Webhelp on MS Edge: TOC disappears after search

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When our webhelp is viewed over the network on Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge, performing a search or clicking the Search button causes the TOC to disappear from the left pane until the pane is closed and reopened.

I have seen other threads on this issue for RH10, but I can't find a fix for RH11.

Does your WebHelp work well in Microsoft Edge?

I looks like there was a patch for this on RH10, and the second update for 2015 says it is fixed in there, but I'm having no luck finding a solution with RH11. We are on 11.0.4.291, which appears to be the latest.

https://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2015/11/robohelp-2015-release-update-2-released.html

http://www.wvanweelden.eu/articles/robohelp-patches-and-updates

Can anyone point me to a solution for RH11, or am I forced to upgrade to RH 2015?

Thanks in advance,

Judy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Perhaps try the link below?

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I already checked William's site. That's where I saw that there was already a fix for this issue for RH10 on 2015-11-02. There doesn't seem to be anything to fix this issue on RH11. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you apply the last 3 fixes he mentions in the RH11 section after the Patch for 11.0.4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, those fixes seem to address other issues. Our version is already 11.0.4.291.

I can apply them any way and try again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do so & let everyone know – they may have a “collateral” effect on the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a problem with Chrome not always showing the TOC, but Firefox and IE working fine.  (Using RH11.0.4).  i tried the patch 02-10-2014 and it made Firefox TOC disappear, but Chrome then did work.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That patch is not meant for RH11.0.4. There are several fixes after 11.0.4. but not specifically for FF or Chrome. Please undo the 2014 patch and use the vanilla patch.

In which situations doesn't the TOC show?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not happen the directory is on my local PC.  On the network, when I use Windows Explorer and navigate to the directory > right-click the index.htm file > select OPEN WITH > CHROME, then the TOC pane is empty.  I found later that if I click the CONTENTS button that the TOC will appear later.  This is not true for IE or FF where the TOC opens immediately.

Yes, I took that patch out.  But what is the "vanilla patch?"

We also have another TOC problem after the software is built, but I am not sure yet whether that is my problem or something to do with how the installer is working at the user's PC.  Many variables have changed, including my update to RH11, but also on the software build side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This patch fixed the disappearing TOC on MS Edge with RH11:

WebHelp issues in RoboHelp versions 10 and 11

Woohoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your verification environment? Windows 10 Version 1511 (build 10586)?

Our WebHelps generated by RH10 and RH2015 are not good in that enviroment.

The close button of navigation pane keeps flickering after the pane closed and re-opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wrong. The patch I listed above did not fix our disappearing TOC on webhelp generated with RH11. Spent the last two days testing on Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1511, build 10586.218.

The release notes for RH 2015 update 2 list a fix for this issue:

WebHelp output does not render correctly on MS Edge browser. For example, if a user performs a search in the output and then returns to the TOC, the TOC disappears.

Ref# 4051256

I have not seen the flickering close button issue.

I am going to spend the next few days testing with a trial version of 2015 to ensure the disappearing TOC problem is resolved with upgrade and that upgrade doesn't break any other processes for single source outputs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Judy,

Yes, RH 2015 Update 2 patch is effective if you browse WebHelp on the first version of Windows 10 (build 10240).

If you browse it on Windows 10 version 1511 you will come across the flickering close button issue.

Even the 3rd patch for RH 2015 cannot solve the issue.. Wait for the 4th patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, that's so much for the tip. Will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp