• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2015. Cannot move topic in Project Manager HTML Files (Topics) view

Participant ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 2015. Project Manager, HTML Files (Topics) view.

• We've got a folder that contains more than 40 topics.
  • We have a topic that we want to move. The file name begins with "U", which puts the file at the bottom of the list.
  • When we scroll to the topic, we can no longer see the folder name or any folders that precede the current folder. For example, I've selected file "Using ..." in the Loss Analysis folder and can no longer see the Administration folder in the Project Manager tree.
  • When I drag the folder up, I get the "can't move this icon". In other words, RoboHelp doesn't scroll upwards as I drag the

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continued from previous post. Couldn't find a way to undo the post after I inadvertently clicked Enter.

....RoboHelp doesn't scroll upwards as I drag the pointer upwards.

• We can easily drag the pointer downwards and move the topic to a folder below the current folder, because the folders are visible in the Project Manager pane.
  • We looked up some old RH training materials and saw that we could accomplish our goal via the Topic List (highlight the topic and drag to the target folder).
  • We also saw that we could reverse the alphanumeric sort order (to put the "Using" file at the top of the Loss Analysis folder and then drag it to a folder above it.

I'm fairly sure that RH scrolled upwards in previous versions. So I wonder whether this is a known bug?

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have never encountered such a situation while working with RoboHelp.

Can you please share the screenshot of project manager when you can scroll upwards?

Looking forward to resolve this issue ASAP.

Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, Surbhi.

Here are the screens. This one shows the top part of the folder where you can't see the target folder, Administration, above it.

12-8-2015 10-32-13 AM_1.png

This is the lower part of the folder. I highlighted Selecting Loss Perspectives so you can see that this a view of the same Loss_Analysis folder.

12-8-2015 10-32-33 AM_2.png

This screen capture shows the file beginning with "W" that I want to move to "Administration". When I start to move it, the circle with line icon appears. In fact, this morning, with great difficulty, I was finally able to get that 'negative' icon to change to the Cursor-move icon shown in the screen after this one, until I was able to get to the Administration folder.

12-8-2015 10-34-00 AM_3.png

This screen shows what happens when I drag "Add New Demand Surge" to the Activity Monitor Folder. It works much better because both the source file and the folder are visible at the same time.

12-8-2015 10-36-37 AM_4.png

Therefore, I suspect that this is not a bug, but a not-friendly user design.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm curious if the behavior changes at all if you toggle the view of the way things are listed. If you click that A/B icon to change the sort so it's user defined as opposed to alphanumeric, does the behavior change and allow you to do what you want?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rick.

Thanks for your idea. Unfortunately, the sort doesn't change the way it works or doesn't work.

I was eventually able to get the pointer to move in fits and starts above the "Loss Analysis" folder to the "Administration" folder. The key seems to be to move the pointer over to the white space in the pane as you drag the pointer upwards. Eventually it latches on to the preceding folder and you do the same thing. Hold and drag and move to the right.

The easiest way to manage this type of situation appears to be to move from the topic list.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right.

It is not a bug but the UX which works like this.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your input. Perhaps this could be explained in the Help, along with a note indicating that it's easier to move files from the Topic List when you've got folders with many files and can't see the target folder. Of course, even better would be to fix the user experience here.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp