• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2015 cmd line: Error: Failed to scan all the project files. Unexpected Error: Failed to prepare single source data for RHCL.

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into an issue that folks had previously reported already for RH11 (see RH 11 cmd line: Error: Failed to scan all the project files. Unexpected Error: Failed to prepare si...

My project generates the configured SSLs just fine from within the RH2015 GUI. I migrated the project from RH11 when the command line still worked. Migrating to RH2015 gave me a lot of hassle but I eventually got it working. Now, my last hurdle to overcome is getting the command line build to work.

The error on the command line simply states. It pretty much occurs right away:

Error: Failed to scan all the project files. Please use RoboHelp to recover the project.

Unexpected Error: Failed to prepare single source data for RHCL. Please try to compile it in RoboHelp.

I have not yet tried the recommendation from the linked discussion where people suggested to verify each and every .FPJ file and make sure it's consistent with the file system. My project has 128 of those and 500+ topics. So, I would appreciate any tips how to automate that work and/or what other things to try first in order to get the command line build to work.

Thanks,

Wolfgang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question here. I have 94 .fpj files with a total of around 2500 topics. Would appreciate a faster way to check this kind of thing. Is there a RH script or something that could do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a script on helpessentials.com

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, thanks for the prompt reply. I'll give that script a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, the script on helpessentials.com solved my problem. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it helped.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the name of the script you ran from helpessentials.com - just want to be sure I get the same one.

Paul Hanson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://www.helpessentials.com/product/missing-topics-fixer/

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp