• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2015 - IE 11 Search issue: Failed to load XML file

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently upgraded to RoboHelp 2015, but it seems that many some of our users are running into a problem when search our published Webhelp system using IE 11: They will search a term and the results field will display: "Error: Failed to load xml file". This is happening sporadically. Some users can refresh their screen and the search problems will go away. For others it persists. For some people the problem will go away when we republish the system, only to find someone else with the problem the next day. I can't seem to replicate it on my machine.

Any ideas what it might be? I've updated to the latest version (12.0.3.428) and this problem does not exist in Chrome.

Thanks,

Greg

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you perhaps generated WebHelp Pro but not to a server with RoboHelp Server installed?

See Failed to load XML file

Otherwise, go the main RoboHelp forum and enter "failed to load xml file" there. Plenty of posts covering the matter. That forum will search all the RoboHelp forums.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Peter.

No, this is a typical WebHelp project that we've been using for years before upgrading from RoboHelp 9 to RoboHelp 2015 a few weeks ago. I've looked at the other threads, but i haven't really come across any solutions (other than people inadvertently publishing as WebHelp Pro). I'll try deleting the contents of the !SSL! file and republish, but since this only happens sporadically for some people, I'm not sure if that will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post back when you have had a chance to see if it does help.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do. We're re-publishing tonight so I'll survey our users in the morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, deleting the contents of the !SSL! file and republishing didn't work. I'll try the IE11 fix for RH 10 but I'm not sure that will work as I'm using Robohelp 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like the IE11 fix for RH 10 doesn't work either. I think those files were already updated correctly for RH 2015 anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp