• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2015 Responsive HTML5 Output How does the TOC display on small screens?

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generated the Responsive HTML5 output and tested in on the iPhone and iPad and the topics look great. Is there supposed to be a TOC on smaller devices? Clicking any .htm file in my output folder displays the TOC on my laptop. The same isn't true for the smaller screens, just the topic displays. Can I create a link to the TOC for each topic? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I believe that on smaller screens the user is expected to click icons to call the TOC forward.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick, I believe you are correct. I did find that by dragging the topic content down I can see the TOC and Search controls, but cannot get the TOC to display. I think the bigger question is whether I'm launching the help correctly. On my laptop I click any .htm file to launch the help (and it incudes the TOC) but doing the same on a small screen doesn't seem to include the TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe opening the default topic is the normal behaviour. If you are concerned users will not figure out how to access the TOC and other navigation controls, the default topic could be an image showing these icons.

There is a recent thread about opening the TOC instead. It might be in the RoboHelp General forum.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I will look for the TOC topic you mentioned. I simply copied the published files to my iPhone and iPad and opened the default topic, so maybe there is more to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp