• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2015 throws "exclusive rights" version control error after generating Printed Documentation

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I have:

RoboHelp 2015 (12.0.4.460)

Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Shell (Integrated) - Version 11.0.61219.0 Q11 REL

Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider

Two people draw from the same project files in version control.

The problem:

Checking in and out works as expected for ALL files EXCEPT after I generate one of the Printed Documentation Outputs (Word or PDF). As soon as I begin generating the output, I get this dialog:

The document generates successfully. However, if I attempt to edit ANYTHING in the project (running another output, editing a topic, etc) after generating I get the following error:

It forces me to close out of RoboHelp, and then re-enter. This is a major pain as it takes 5-10 mins to query version control and open the project back up. I should be able to generate an output and continue working without having to restart.

Things I've tried:

Going to Visual Studio and making sure nothing had a lock on it. No errors are reported in Visual Studio.

Going to Visual Studio and manually checking out the files mentioned in the error (so that only I have it checked out).

Making sure everything in both RH and Visual Studio is checked in, then reattempting to edit anything.

Having the other person working check everything in, refreshing status, and reattempting.

I'm sure I'm just missing something simple, but don't know what it is. Thanks for any advice!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?