• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2015 WebHelp: creating/editing custom toolbar items: Is there cross-browser, inline JS for custom "Home" button and "Print" button popups?

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an RH 2105 WebHelp project that is almost ready for internal review at work. I'm using the skin "BlueGrey" because it's nice and generic.

I created a custom Home button and added a Print button and I'd really like to post the project for review, but since RH creates "custom" identities for those items, tooltip popups show only for the "stock" buttons in the toolbar.

I'd really like my "custom" Home and Print buttons to have popups that match what the skin "BlueGrey" already uses, but I can't figure out exactly which parts of "whskin_tbars.htm" and "whtbar.js" I'd have to modify to enable that. (Not to mention the related maintenance issues moving forward...)

So, since RH doesn't natively include a way to add popups for custom items, I'm kinda stuck and need a little help, if there's any to be lent for this issue.

Home button (parent.location.href='index.htm';) and Print button (printTopic()) OnClick actions work as designed, but because JS "window.create" isn't viable anymore, I am wondering if there is some other function I could use inline for the OnMouseOver actions that can be modified for BlueGrey's look and feel.

Is there a solid work-around for this issue?

Do I need to get JQuery and (can I use it to) create an "External JavaScript File" to get the interactivity I'd like to use?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use window.open and that adds a popup. But browsers may close it.

Please take a look at my Toolbar scripts. That may give you some hints on how to get it done: http://www.wvanweelden.eu/product/webhelp-pro-toolbar-scripts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, William. I will.

Sent from my iPhone...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp