• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2017 - Alphabet is not displaying, Responsive

Contributor ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added  Glossary to an existing project.  I changed the glossary option in the screen layout (Azure Blue) to "true" to display the glossary.  

In the output/published files the glossary behaves correctly, except the alphabet does not display.   I have a list of words (alphabetized) but no letter separators.    I have customized the colors of the screen layout (backgrounds, link colors, font), but have not changed anything else.  I'm using the default icons and layout.  And, turning "on" the glossary works...it just doesn't display the alphabet separators.  I thought maybe they were "white" but there's not even an empty space 🙂

(yes, I have more than one "letter" of the alphabet used in the glossary...)

Any other files I should be looking at to see why they aren't displaying?

RH 2017.13.0.0.257

Responsive HTML

Azure Layout 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Lol. Faffing around I couldn't get it to work. Then I resized my browser smaller. Looks like by default the letters only show up for tablets and mobile screen sizes.

To get it to display in desktop sizes, you'll need to edit the layout.css in a text editor.

Find this style 'body.media-desktop div.glo-holder .GloAlphabet' and delete the text that says 'display: none;'

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol. Faffing around I couldn't get it to work. Then I resized my browser smaller. Looks like by default the letters only show up for tablets and mobile screen sizes.

To get it to display in desktop sizes, you'll need to edit the layout.css in a text editor.

Find this style 'body.media-desktop div.glo-holder .GloAlphabet' and delete the text that says 'display: none;'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want letters for the index, you'll likely need to do something similar for an index style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! And, as an added bonus, I also changed the index css entry.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp