• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2017 does not open a Responsive HTML5 project

New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Responsive HTML 5 project that RH won't open. When I click the project on the Project Starter page, I get a message in the lower-left corner that says, "Opening Project Microservices Help.xpj..." I also get a blue circle that spins while RH tries to open the project. I'm using Windows 10.

I've waited for about 30 minutes several times and I never get an error message. I just keep seeing the blue spinning circle.

Have others had this problem? I'd appreciate any help I can 

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any source control at play here? Have you tried deleting the .cpd file first before opening it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply. 

I'm not using any source control. I tried thdeleting the .cpd file when I read your reply and the project still isn't opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open any of the sample projects ok? That might determine if it's your project or your install of RH that's the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open other projects I have. And I can open a backup of the version I'm trying to open today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the backup has got all the content in it, I'd just rename the existing project and use a copy of the backup. If it's not up to date enough, then you'll have to explore some other ways of opening a damaged project. I think Perer has some methods on his site (grainge.org).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see what Peter Grainge's site has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there is stuff there but probably more painful than updating the last backup.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having problems with this. I can load a backup, close RoboHelp, start it, and open the project. But when I edit a topic, save it and close RoboHelp, I can't open the project again. I don't get an error message.

Peter Grainge said below that there's information about this on his site. I can't find anything. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixing corrupt projects is covered in this page but I am dubious that is the problem. That's more for when a project will not open at all, ever.

Open the Employee Care sample project, make some edits and then close the project. Can you then reopen it?

If that can be reopened, then the problem is project related. If it cannot be reopened, then it is something in your environment.

Is the project on your local drive or a network drive?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me where to find the Employee Care sample project so I can try what you have suggested?

The project I'm working on is on my local drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click Open Project on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open the Employee Care sample project, make some changes and save them, close the project and reopen it without any problems. Does this mean the problem is project related? How would I troubleshoot that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If other projects open, it can only be project related.

Can you share the project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I can't share this document. Thanks for offering to look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK but there's not much I can do to help you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure it's been asked, but I couldn't see it (could be blind as I haven't finished my coffee yet 🙂 ).

Is your project on your C drive or on a network drive? If it's on a network drive, try moving it to somewhere like C:\projects\ and see if it opens from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project is at C:\XYZ Help (not the real project name).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ensure that you have full rights to the folder where it's located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp