• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2017 RHTML context-sensitive help web app integration problems

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to implement context-sensitive help on a web application using a RH RHTML 5 output.  The problem is, neither of the devs I'm working with know how to do this, and I've only ever done help integration on desktop applications.  The dev sent me a test file that looks like this:

!DOCTYPE html>

<html>

<head>

<script src="RoboHelp_CSH.js"> </script>

<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no"/>

<a href="javascript:RH_ShowHelpForContext();"></a>

</head>

<body>

<input type="button" value="Click" onclick="RH_ShowHelpForContext(null, 'help_files/index.htm', HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 1);" />

</body>

</html>

which I had working on my system, but now doesn't work (despite my not having changed anything) and he says it's throwing javascript errors.  How do we configure this so it a) works, and b) brings up the right files?  I have looked at the insufficient RH documentation (which basically assumes the devs have done this before) and looked at the content of both RoboHelp_CS.js and whcshdata.js to get as far as I got.

I had included BSSCDefault.h, RoboHelp_CS.js, and whcshdata.js in my test setup, and put index.htm and a couple other files in the help_files folder.

The problem is, I'm not a coder and what I do know about programming is generally in C/C++, and my web devs are expecting me to create a line of JS for each context-specific help call in the application, and I don't know how to make it work.  What it needs to do is display the TOC, index, search features, plus the appropriate help topic in the main pane.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Context Sensitive Help (CSH) calls changed in Responsive HTML5 - see Peter Grainge's grainge.org for info on CSH calls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp