• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2017 - search doesn't function in IE 11.0.96.19596

Participant ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Responsive HTML5 online help output that works perfectly on the latest version of Google Chrome browser. All features of the help work fine.

The help is developed in RH 2017 latest update.

However, on IE 11.0.96.19596, the search does not work. When I type a search string, it keeps searching but does not fetch any results.

Any idea if this is a known issue with IE? Any workaround?

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the forum home page https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/bd-p/robohelp?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

enter "search in ie" and see the first item. Don't jump straight to the first item as there are other things to try first.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I mistakenly marked this as correct.

I followed the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/search-issue-responsive-html5.html and the search issue is fixed on IE and works on Chrome as well. But it introduced a new issue.

The help content font changes to Times Roman for some reason. It was Arial before.

Why would the search fix cause this?

The default font should be Arial.

The font in the left pane that is the ToC is correct that is Arial. The header is also Arial.

The headers H1 in the content is also Arial. The column headers and H2, H3, H4 seem to be Times Roman.

Any idea how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp