• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2017 Search Results Grayed Out

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community members, I need your expertise. I'm getting reports from some of my developers that the Responsive HTML5 layout (Indigo) is not displaying the search results with readable text. I do not see these results on any of my test environments.

JM_GrayedResults.jpg

I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues like this. Could it be a plug in or something that these users might have that's causing this kind of issue? It's only a handful of users and I cannot replicate the issue myself.

My results are like this:

JM_GrayedResult2.jpg

Thoughts anyone? I'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

This issue never occurred again and cannot be recreated - and I have since changed to a different layout for this help system.. I believe it was a setting on the developer's machine. I'm calling this one resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same browser? Same screen resolution? Looks like your example is narrower...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, failed to mention that. Yes, we tested in all three major browsers (theirs and mine) with the same results: IE, FF, and Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about resolutions? Your screen shows the navigation down the left side & theirs is across the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is the Charcoal grey layout not Indigo?

First screenshot is for Search - Desktop mode - the second is Search Tablet/Mobile mode as the window size has been reduced.

In the Charcoal Grey layout there are option to set the colours for both desktop and Mobile devices. See the Search (All) and Search (Desktop) options. In search (desktop) - the title colour and preview colour must be set to light grey - change this to blue.

Capture2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what Jeff was getting at is that one of your screenshots shows the help being used in Desktop mode and the other shows it being used in tablet mode. Note the different layout. The layout changes according to screen size and I suspect Jeff was thinking that the text also changed colour according to mode.

When you say some users are seeing the text in this pale colour, is that all tablet users or just some tablet users? Is anyone using the desktop mode also seeing the problem?

BTW. You are using RoboHelp 2017 which is logically RoboHelp 13. Please refer to it as 2017 to assist others searching the forum.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These users are not actually using "real" tablets, but just have their  browser screen resized. I'm not sure if that matters; I wouldn't think so. Good thought on the layout colors, but the layout does not have the text set to be gray. (You were right; it's charcoal gray not indigo.)

I'm at a lost as to why their displays would show it gray, but mine doesn't when I resize it to the tablet format? I've had several other users test and they do not have grayed out text either.  I thought it might be something in these particular users' environment or browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

So often I hear folks say "grayed out" when they really mean to say "disabled".

If this is a simple color thing, things in this area should be "clickable" and functional. Just looking funny.

But if the area is disabled, nothing should work when you click in that area. Is this the case?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rick,

They are just grayed out. The results are still enabled and when clicked display the topics correctly. So, at this point, it's just a display issue.

Thanks!

Dawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thus my question about screen sizes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it the developers seeing it this way or are they relaying customer feedback? Either way it does sound like an environment issue that you need to investigate. We'll be interested to learn what you find out.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the insight from all of you. I'll keep testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue never occurred again and cannot be recreated - and I have since changed to a different layout for this help system.. I believe it was a setting on the developer's machine. I'm calling this one resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting that. Always helps to know the cause, even if not proven.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp