Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2017 - Templatizing your PoC

Participant ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a help system in RH 2017, where I am using Responsive HTML5 format/output. I have done some customizations, changes to the CSS, master page, header logo, added dynamic filters, and so on so forth. This however is a PoC.

I want to roll it out/apply it to an actual production help, which is currently in a web help format.

Is there anyway to make a template from the PoC and then apply/import the template on to an existing web help? Or does it need to be redone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess in this context PoC is Proof of Concept.

HTML5 layouts are created in an entirely different way so no you cannot export a web skin and import it. You have to start with a supplied HTML5 layout and customise that. It is theoeretically possible to create your own but it takes seriously advanced skills.

Also be aware the calls to the help have to change as well.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp