Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2019 - dynamic filter preselection in HTML5 output

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm writing a HTML5-Help with filters and in RH2017 I defined a preselected filter, e.g. you have the filter option "iOS" and "Windows" and I defined activeted filter "Windows" by default. This worked with RH2017.

After the upgrade to RH2019 I don't see the option to define a preselection of the filter. Is this option removed in RH2019 or do I just don't find it in the new UI?

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Preselection issue has been fixed in update 2 of 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe your filter is an expression rather than a condition tag, correct?

If so, expressions are no longer supported for Dynamic Content Filtering. See the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project or the RoboHelp Tour on my site.

I can only suggest you request reinstatement by submitting a feature request.

Please follow this link to report bugs and request features. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to that request in this thread and others can vote for it.

It is available in 2019 Classic if that helps.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the really fast answer.

The filter is just on tags. For example I added two screenshots to the content - one with the iOS and another with the windows menu. Both images are tagged and by the set filter then only one of the two graphics should be displayed.

Is it possible to use the new features (git integraten etc.) with the RH2019 classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so the issue is simply with preselection of the filter. I haven't looked into that and right now I am not able to. If no one else can respond, perhaps it would be worth asking Adobe Support.

It's best to ask unrelated questions in a separate thread but no you cannot mix and match features. 2019 and 2019 Classic work on very different code.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops. I was forgetting that setting a tag as a default had been built in as an option rather than having to call the help with a custom URL as earlier.

Yes that does seem to have been omitted in 2019. The answer then is the same, follow that link to get it added back in.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I just submitted a feature request.

Everyone running in this issue, please vote to gett it back: Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Preselection issue has been fixed in update 2 of 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp