Highlighted

RH 2019, failed to generate responsive HTML5

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH 2019.

When I generate responsive HTML5, an error occurs.

I can't see any error log. How can I do solve it?

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 11.40.44 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RH 2019, failed to generate responsive HTML5

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH 2019.

When I generate responsive HTML5, an error occurs.

I can't see any error log. How can I do solve it?

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 11.40.44 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on the output preset and select View Log. That might help determine where the build is failing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I fix it?

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 12.58.47 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the output generated successfully before? If yes, what has changed since then?

[Please use the Reply button at the top of the page to ensure replies are in time order]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, make sure you're on the latest patch, which as of today is Update 14.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, never generated successfully. I made a very simple project that has only 3 topics(pages).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bunch of random things that have made help not generate. There are more but I think these are the most likely things to try.

Check that you've specified an Output Path in the output preset. I would make it a folder on your local disk, rather than a network location. The Start Page should be index.htm, which will be generated by RH and contains the "stuff" needed to make the search, glossary, skin etc work.

Make sure you select a Default Topic in the Content section. Do not specify index.htm as this will cause all sorts of problems. Usually it'll be a welcome or introduction page.

Make sure you select a Skin in the Layout section.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines