RH 2019 Frameless: How to suppress/hide TOC Tiles container

Engaged ,
Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enviro

• Running RH 2019.
  • Developing Frameless output for the Orange skin.

Goal

• Want to suppress/hide TOC Tiles container on home page and use my own topic as the source of all home page content. 

Problem

• If I set the Display property to None for the TOC Tiles: container element, the TOC tiles are correctly suppressed/hidden in the output, but the search function won't display search results.

Details

• Output Preset: Frameless
  • Skin: Orange
    • Home Page / Search Results / container
      • Float: Select
      • Clear: Select
      • Position: Select
      • Display: block
    • Home Page / TOC Tiles / container
      • Display: Select

Generate, perform search. Search results display over (or replace) the TOC tiles container, and push my home page topic to the end of the results list. I'm okay with my home page topic gettng pushed down to the end of the search results.

Edit the above configuration and change one thing:

• Display: None

Generate. Home page correctly loads, TOC tiles are suppressed, and my home page topic is the only home page content displayed. Type a known-good search term and click search icon or press Enter. Nothing. No search results.

So how do I configure the home page to never display the TOC tiles container, but display the Search Results container when an end-user performs a search?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RH 2019 Frameless: How to suppress/hide TOC Tiles container

Engaged ,
Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enviro

• Running RH 2019.
  • Developing Frameless output for the Orange skin.

Goal

• Want to suppress/hide TOC Tiles container on home page and use my own topic as the source of all home page content. 

Problem

• If I set the Display property to None for the TOC Tiles: container element, the TOC tiles are correctly suppressed/hidden in the output, but the search function won't display search results.

Details

• Output Preset: Frameless
      • Display: Select

Generate, perform search. Search results display over (or replace) the TOC tiles container, and push my home page topic to the end of the results list. I'm okay with my home page topic gettng pushed down to the end of the search results.

Edit the above configuration and change one thing:

• Display: None

Generate. Home page correctly loads, TOC tiles are suppressed, and my home page topic is the only home page content displayed. Type a known-good search term and click search icon or press Enter. Nothing. No search results.

So how do I configure the home page to never display the TOC tiles container, but display the Search Results container when an end-user performs a search?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 19, 2019 0
Engaged ,
Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the code behind the page.

toc-tiles-code.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I have followed but you seemed to be saying you want your own topic as the home page. Browsing to it here is supposed to let you choose your own home page.

image.png

www.grainge.org

Please use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2019 0
Engaged ,
Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. And I have that set and it's displayed below the TOC Tiles. However, I don't want the TOC tiles to display. So I can set the TOC Tiles container to not display. And everything looks good in my output until I go to run a search from the home page - at which point I get no search results. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2019 0
Engaged ,
Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

toc-tiles-disply-none.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2019 0
Engaged ,
Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is as though the Search Results container is inheriting the TOC Tile container's "display: none" setting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2019 0