We use master pages in 2017, that include headers and footers.
I've just upgraded one of my projects to 2019, and noticed that the headers and footers have been converted to HTML in the new topics.
This means when you apply the master page at compilation, you end up with TWO headers and footers.
So, I came up with this solution, rather than going through every topic and deleting the extra header and footer. If anyone else has a better solution, I'd love to know as at the moment I'm in the experimental stage of using 2019, and have a lot of projects that will need conveting in the (looong) months to come. Some of these have a great many topics.
This appears to work. However, it seems pretty darn daft to me. Why couldn't they have stripped out the master page code before converting??
So, if I'm missing something, please let me know!
I've also had trouble converting many of my projects, Adobe are investigating.
I don't have a solution, but I also noticed weird things with master pages (in my case, the master page contents completely overwrite the topic contents). There are so many things broken/unavailable in this release that I have decided to wait for the first update and hope things get fixed.
Yes, I'm afraid that's my solution too. I've too much to do to be dealing with buggy software. Perhaps the next version will be better? Or the one after?
Oh good, I am glad I am not the only one! In my case, the Master page I had for our Help just disappeared. Making a new one has been a frustrating process to try and get it back to what it was before. Very disappointing.
I too think I will wait until this release is more ready.
2019 is a new beast. I'm sure many changes will be forthcoming. I'd say stick with 2017 (or use 2019 Classic) until it is a bit more mature.
I have just upgraded a project of 2017 to 2019. Before reading it, I was searching for the option to apply the master pages on topics. Thanks to point it out.
I've updated to the latest version of 2019, but the issue of the sticking header and footer remains.
HOWEVER (dramatic music), my method appears to work without you having to open every topic:
There do seem to be a few clinging footers, however, randomly placed through out the project. Which isn't quite good enough when you have several hundred topics.
So back to waiting for update no 2...