I was very happy to detect the new option to generate a docx-output in the current update. However, this is not working for any of my projects. I tried with the sample project, there it works fine. I tried with 3 projects of different size, there, it doesn't work. After a couple of lines of updated files, I get the error message:
Should not have a unit with more than one term
Error: See log for details
Error: Failed to generate Word
In another project (more complex) I get this error message very shortly after starting the output when trying to update the first file:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
I checked this directory for more details, but it is empty: AppData\Roaming\Adobe RoboHelp 2019\logs
Any ideas where I should start looking for the cause of the problem?
Thanks and best regards
Oh lord, I hate that object reference error from when I used Flare. It basically translates to "A thing happened". :S
It's probably not the issue, but I think I remember seeing an issue for pdf generation in Update 8 where some files necessary for the output weren't correctly copied to existing projects. Perhaps trying creating a new project and checking what files are automatically added, such as master pages and css, specifically for Word output.
Even found the cause of the object reference error: I don't know how my styles got messed up like this, I have no idea about css at all, but: this line in the source code causes the error:
<table border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" class="invNew" style="border-collapse:collapse;border-width:1px;border-style:none;border-color:rgba(0,0,0,0)" width="700 px">
The actual problem seems to be the inline style "border-color:rgba(0,0,0,0)
If I delete this part, the output works.
As my other answer regarding the error Should not have a unit with more than one term is a bit hidden, I copied it here again:
Found the problem \o/. There was line in my table css saying "border-spacing: 0pt 0pt;" which caused the problem. Still don't understand it, but it works if I remove this line from my css.
Last update on this issue for today: After removing the respective lines from all my topics, I was able to create the Word file. However, it cannot be opened in Word, Word states, the file is broken. Even using the draft modus of Word didn't help. I could open the file in Libre Office though, save a copy of it and then open this copy in Word.
Over and out for the weekend
You don't mention what version of RH2019 you're running - make sure you've applied all the current updates.