Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2019 new UI HTML5 output - include PDF in search

Enthusiast ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am using RH 2019.0.14 new UI. I have included a PDF-file to my project, added it to my TOC and created a Responsive HTML5 output. I did not activate the checkbox "PDF" to be excluded from search in the output configuration. However, neither the file title nor the content of the PDF are considered in the search and returned as result. I also tried this with a PDF that I had created out of Robohelp, still no success. 

Is it not possible in general to search attached PDFs in HTML5 output? Or does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help

Karin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same. Let me check.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for looking into this, Peter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it is worth and given your post about translation, the search does work in 2020.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. I haven't had the time to test 2020 thoroughly, but maybe I should prioritize this now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karin

I just got this from Adobe.

When PDF is linked in any topic then search is working in output. If it is directly inserted in TOC then it’s not coming in search results. Both scenarios work in 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter! 

I just ran another test: if linked in another topic, the PDF is found in the search if I search for any word in the PDF file name. It still does not search within the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove it from the TOC. It only works when there is only a link from a topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are right! Ok, thanks again! At least a work-around until I got time to test and upgrade to 2020 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp