Highlighted

RH 2019 new UI HTML5 output - include PDF in search

Engaged ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am using RH 2019.0.14 new UI. I have included a PDF-file to my project, added it to my TOC and created a Responsive HTML5 output. I did not activate the checkbox "PDF" to be excluded from search in the output configuration. However, neither the file title nor the content of the PDF are considered in the search and returned as result. I also tried this with a PDF that I had created out of Robohelp, still no success. 

Is it not possible in general to search attached PDFs in HTML5 output? Or does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help

Karin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RH 2019 new UI HTML5 output - include PDF in search

Engaged ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am using RH 2019.0.14 new UI. I have included a PDF-file to my project, added it to my TOC and created a Responsive HTML5 output. I did not activate the checkbox "PDF" to be excluded from search in the output configuration. However, neither the file title nor the content of the PDF are considered in the search and returned as result. I also tried this with a PDF that I had created out of Robohelp, still no success. 

Is it not possible in general to search attached PDFs in HTML5 output? Or does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help

Karin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same. Let me check.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 1
Engaged ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for looking into this, Peter!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it is worth and given your post about translation, the search does work in 2020.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 1
Engaged ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. I haven't had the time to test 2020 thoroughly, but maybe I should prioritize this now 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karin

I just got this from Adobe.

When PDF is linked in any topic then search is working in output. If it is directly inserted in TOC then it’s not coming in search results. Both scenarios work in 2020.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0