Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(RH 2019, new UI) Search performing poorly

Contributor ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Everyone.

In RH 2019, new UI, frameless output, search is performing poorly. The search results return way too many similar words (including some far-flung words), and the exact match is not prioritized (screenshot, below).

I've read through this thread and some others. Please note, this issue persists whether local or on our network. Plus, I've only generated the output, not "published" it.

Thanks for any help on this! 

SCREENSHOT

search poor performance.PNG 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What point version of RH are you running? Are you all patched up? Check Help > Updates to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question, Jeff.  I'm on 2019.0.12   

When I clicked "Updates," I got a message saying, "Updates have been disabled for this machine. Please contact your administrator."

Thoughts? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running in a corporate environment? If so, harrass your IT folks.
Have you tried going through the https://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html route?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am. I've got a ticket started for them.

(In the past month, I've had some strange Adobe behavior on my laptop, ever since I had Adobe Captivate installed. Maybe something went awry.)

Would you say updating RH is the necessary next step in troubleshooting for my forum question? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's always the first step imho! ;>)
Sometimes it takes going to the most current version (TM) to resolve something when dealing with an older version's issue (like RH2019)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good, Jeff. I'll get on it.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the message is something internal and you have a ticket raised for that.

Suggest to IT that instead of upgrading they uninstall, follow the link Jeff gave you and install Update 14, it is in fact a full install. It won't affect your projects.

Also be aware that a lot of search improvements have been made in 2020. I can't say if they will fix your issues but if you are on subscription, that could be worth pursuing.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, Peter, will do all of that.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Jeff and Peter.

It took a while, but IT finally did the uninstall / update 14, as instructed by Peter.

But now RH search is performing even more poorly. Before, the exact match would appear six down from the top (see my screenshot, in my initial question). Now, there's no exact match in the top 20 results. (See screenshot, below.)

What should I do next?

Thanks!

search poor performance 2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS:  I've tested this both locally and on our network. Same results. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said earlier, Adobe advises that search is improved in 2020. Whether or not that will fix it for you is another matter. 

You could install the trial to see. Backup your projects first though in case you stick with 2019. If you don't have a subscription, you can still use the trial for 30 days.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I'll test it out in 2020.

Thank you, Peter. Will let you know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp