• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(RH 2019, new UI) Topic title remains in main TOC though DCF filters out the content

Contributor ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Everyone.

In RH 2019, new UI (frameless), when my end user chooses to filter for the "Employee" role, the DCF properly filters out the topic "Contractor Policy." However, the topic title "Contractor Policy" remains visible in the main TOC (please see screenshot, below). 

I'm not having this issue when filtering out any other topics. Only "Contractor Policy" remains visible in the main TOC.

I'd appreciate any help on this. Thanks!

SCREENSHOT:

DCF filter issue.PNG 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Success!!

I've figured it out. In going through the troubleshooting, I noticed something about the TOC book containing the topic at issue:  the book was tagged with both "Employee" and "Contractor." 

DCF filter issue - TOC book has both tags.PNG

I think I did that b/c the book contains some pages that belong to "Employees" and one page that belongs to "Contractors."  Now I know not to do that 🙂

Thanks so much, Peter. As usual, you've steered me to the answer. Have a great day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try tagging the TOC entry as well.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. It's already tagged:

DCF filter issue 2.PNG

And the topic itself is tagged:

DCF filter issue - topic.PNG

Anything else I should try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only random things like removing the tags, checking in the code they are removed, swapping the codes to see if they then work albeit with the wrong filter. If the latter works try reapplying the correct tag.

All updates applied?

Clearing the browser cache and trying a different browser?

After that I think it's Support unless anyone else has an idea.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, thanks for the troubleshooting steps.

I'll try it all and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Success!!

I've figured it out. In going through the troubleshooting, I noticed something about the TOC book containing the topic at issue:  the book was tagged with both "Employee" and "Contractor." 

DCF filter issue - TOC book has both tags.PNG

I think I did that b/c the book contains some pages that belong to "Employees" and one page that belongs to "Contractors."  Now I know not to do that 🙂

Thanks so much, Peter. As usual, you've steered me to the answer. Have a great day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PS:  I removed both of those tags.  And now the DCF filter behaves properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp