RH 2019 upgrade to 2020?

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks, 

I have RH 2019. A new hire has RH 2020.

When collaborating, we’re getting an error message telling us that this file was created in a new version, i.e. 2020, and we need to upgrade?

I’m concerned that his projects will not be compatible with mine.

Is it possible to upgrade 2019 to 2020 or do I have to get a new license? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RH 2019 upgrade to 2020?

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks, 

I have RH 2019. A new hire has RH 2020.

When collaborating, we’re getting an error message telling us that this file was created in a new version, i.e. 2020, and we need to upgrade?

I’m concerned that his projects will not be compatible with mine.

Is it possible to upgrade 2019 to 2020 or do I have to get a new license? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a way of downgrading the 2020 version to 2019 but I wouldn't use it as the code is different and you will likely have issues.

2020 is subscription only. If you have 2019 on subscription you just download 2020, install it and log in with your Adobe ID. If you have a 2019 perpetual licence, you need to buy a subscription.

Please use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Projects created or edited with RH 2020 are not compatible with RH 2019.

If you have a subscription license, you can just upgrade from RH 2019 to 2020. Just fetch the RH 2020 trial version and login with your Adobe account.

If you are using a different licensing model, I am unfortunately unable to help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. I have the perpetual license so need to think about this as we don't have a budget for another license. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Karin. It seems that if I create the project the other writer can work on the project files, ie update topics. However, we are having some challanges with the collaboration side of things as it keeps asking us to upgrade.

Very frustrating that each version of RH is like a standalone product that you have to find ways to workaround. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The code needs to change to enable features, it can happen between updates in the same version. There it's not such an issue as the updates are free.

Please use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0