• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2019 - Where is "Show Context in Search Results"

Contributor ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please know that I have performed many searches on this forum to find the answer.  It must be so simple....

I've imported a Responsive 2017 project into 2019 new UI.  Many things require tweaking, and I'm still finding things that didn't carry over.   😞

One of the things that didn't carryover is how the search results display.  In 2017, the search results displayed the first few lines from the page along with breadcrumbs.  In 2019, the search results displays part of the sentence the search term is in and the filepath (as in filenames).  

In 2017, I could replace the filename with breadcrumbs by toggling the "Show Context in Search Results" option on.  I can not find this option in 2019.

How can I have the search results display just the few lines from the page?  The search results appear in the TOC pane, so having random, partial sentences display under the title of the page is not useful at all for us.

TOPICS
New UI , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC, it's now something in the topic properties where you can have your own text appear when the search result is listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick reply.

Are you saying I need to add a description to the Topic Properties?  I have a thousand files.  Some have descriptions from old versions and when I used Zoom search, most do not.  And some of those descriptions are in a meta tag, which do NOT display in the Topic Properties description field under Properties.  

I'm using RH search now, as of RH 2017.  .So, we can't display the breadcrumbs path in the search results anymore?  this is crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter may pop in with more on this one in the morning (his time), but I would be prepared to log a bug in the Tracker (https://tracker.adobe.com/).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I have the search results display just the few lines from the page?  

The short answer is you can't. In 2019 you get the term found plus some of the surrounding text.

As Jeff has pointed out, you can use the Description field but I do understand the work involved in that. 

If it helps, I haven't seen anyone complain about the change so presumably their users are OK with how 2019 works in that respect.

In 2017, I could replace the filename with breadcrumbs by toggling the "Show Context in Search Results" option on.  I can not find this option in 2019

I just toggled that and the difference was either you got the first few lines of text or breadcrumbs but always the Title of the topic, rather than the file name.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just toggled that and the difference was either you got the first few lines of text or breadcrumbs but always the Title of the topic, rather than the file name.

Where is the Show Context in Search Result option in 2019? 

To clarify, here's what I'd like to continue to have the breadcrumb path, not the file path.  

For example:

Version 12:  New Features and Improvements [title]
This version includes many new updates ... [first few lines of text]
What's New > What's New in 12   [breadcrumbs]

Now, using RH 2019, I can only see this, no changes were made to the output file:

Version 12:  New Features and Improvements [title]
There are now two ways to save files.... [search term surrounding text]
new/features.htm  [file path]

How can I get the display of the breadcrumb path back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was stating how I found the toggle worked in 2017. You were saying filename.

Sorry but you are seeing is the way it works now. It has changed.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp