• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2019 won't start

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to start RH 2019 (NewUI) this morning. It displayed some licensing prompt, that I don't remember seeing before, I clicked Ok, then it began to start up as normal. It showed the initial startup screen, then went away.

There is an icon on the task bar, but clicking it does nothing. I can right-click the icon and choose RH 2019 and it will attempt to start again, but after showing the initial startup screen, it goes away -- and then when I hover over the task bar icon, I then see two instances of RH, none of which actually open the application.

This copy of RH was part of a TCS purchase, not a subscription. FrameMaker and Acrobat both start and work fine.

I'm running on Windows 10 Enterprise 2004 (not a Mac). I last tried to start RoboHelp on 1/16/21 and it worked okay then. I have rebooted to see if that made a difference. It did not. I have also used Task Manager to kill any instances of Robohelp before trying to restart it. It did not make a difference either.

Please advise. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might find that somehow RoboHelp has lost track of the key. On that dialog there should be an option to sign in again. Also see the Help menu, it should show whether or not you are logged in.

If that doesn't help, then follow Jeff's link.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get to the Help menu. RH won't start. Maybe it did loose a key. I will try Jeff's link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking you were getting to that screen and could interrupt. If you don't get a quick response, I would reboot and if the issue persists I would uninstall and reinstall. It will not affect your projects.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Support got it fixed. It was some weird problem the cache. Took a while to get it resolved and I had to find the license key, but it seems to be working now. Thanks for your help, Peter and Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp