• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[RH 2020] Batch generation with --cl hangs

Participant ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH 2019 Classic, I had a batch file that used RHCL to generate 40 help modules in a row.

In RH 2020, I have adapted the file to use the new batch syntax (--cl), but it hangs after generating the first module. It looks like the program never exits, so it never moves on to the next command...

My new batch file looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2020\RoboHelp.exe" --cl "C:\technical_documentation\sophis\online_help_74\master_74\master_74.rhpj" -o "InvestOLH" -p "C:\ioana\help_builds\value_rh_2020"

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2020\RoboHelp.exe" --cl "C:\technical_documentation\sophis\online_help_74\basics_74\basics_74.rhpj" -o "InvestOLH" -p "C:\ioana\help_builds\value_rh_2020\mergedProjects\basics_74"

The master_74 project gets generated succesfully, I get the following lines in the log... and it just stops there.

[...]

Updating mergedProjects/user_rights_settings_72/whatsnew/whatsnew.htm...
Applying screen layout page (Topic) to topics...
Processing full-text search data...
Search index generation complete.
Output generation successful.
Compilation complete.

I'm guessing it's a bug, but first I want to check with the hive mind... maybe I'm doing something wrong. Each individual command works fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Hi Ioana_St,

Batch generation from command line has some issues in 2020 release. We have resolved it for update 1. Sorry about the trouble.

Thanks,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The About RoboHelp sample project has information about Command Line Generation.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am using the syntax explained in the documentation. The last section in the Command Line Generation topic in the About RoboHelp project says:

Generating Multiple Outputs

You can create a batch file to generate multiple outputs.

I have created such a batch file and it is not working. Only the first output gets generated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ioana_St,

Batch generation from command line has some issues in 2020 release. We have resolved it for update 1. Sorry about the trouble.

Thanks,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vivek,

Is Update 1 with the resolution for this command line issue available? My team is holding off on our upgrade to the 2020 release until we know that it is working. If it is not available, do you have a date for its availability?

Thanks,

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is available now. You can download from

https://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

List of issues fixed and new features can be seen on this page

https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Vivek.

Regards,

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr, 

Sorry, it's not clear what the link provided has to do with the availability of Batch generation with --cl hangs?

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that thread Vivek said "next few weeks" or suchlike for the update.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp