• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2020 - Configuring Tables of Contents in PDF output

Participant ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what my Table of contents looks like in Robohelp.

johcnl_0-1601883899112.png

This is what it look likes like in PDF output.

johcnl_1-1601884289918.png

Why is the TOC in the output only reflecting the first section and not any of the sections within a section?  

All these headings are heading 1. Is that the reason why? But in the Web output, they are topics per page so I want every heading to be a heading 1. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the layout section of your preset, change the TOC Structure setting to Use Topic Heading Styles. I think that is the issue.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I choose the topic headings and select 3 levels I just get a flat list of topics, except where I happen to have a heading 2 in the same topic. And it uses the topic titles not the titles in the TOC. I need to use the titles in the TOC because of my product name change. In other words, the same topic now refers to two different products so I have to have product specific TOCs.

johcnl_0-1601888745981.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear from that whether you are saying having two TOCs is giving you what you want or there is still an issue.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the TOC in my PDF output to be the same as the TOC in my Robohelp project. Neither option gives me what I want. If I select chapter names and topic titles, I only get the top section and then all the TOC entries underneath are a flat list. If I select Use topic heading styles, I just get a flat list of TOC tiltles, except where I have a topic that also has a heading 2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the projects I am using have been upgraded from RH 2019. I havent tried this in a new project created in RH 2020. I will give that a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure you will get what you want. The way the TOC works is now different for online and print outputs. Take a look at the TOC topic in About RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp