RH 2020 - is microcontent in responsive outputs possible?

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried microcontent in RH 2020 with frameless output and it works very well.

Is it not possible to implement microcontent in RH 2020 with Responsive html5 output?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020
I assume this question is coming from a failed attempt. To the best of my knowledge it isn't an option but I have asked for confirmation.  ________________________________________________________ See www.grainge.org for free Authoring and RoboHelp Information

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume this question is coming from a failed attempt. To the best of my knowledge it isn't an option but I have asked for confirmation. 

Please use the Blue reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer I received is below. 

The steps to add a chatbot or FAQ page are same as frameless output.
In fact, the FAQ page is possible in chm, word, pdf, epub outputs, just add mc file in the TOC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried updating RH 2020 to the latest update. Then tried microcontent with the Indigo layout. The search results appear in the right pane and not as microcontent would. When I click the first search result it displays the .mc file contents in the search results.

Am I missing something?

Just curious because in this example: http://showmethedemo.com/Compass_Travel/ the microcontent works perfect. And this is Responsive I guess.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using the same project that worked with frameless and the responsive preset is in most respects the same, from what I was told by the developers it should work.

The Compass Travel project you linked to is essentially the same as the Compass Travel sample project supplied with RoboHelp and that uses the Studio skin.

Beyond that I think you will need to take this up with Support as this is all very new and we are learning bit by bit.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your support contact options.

Is there a particular reason for wanting to make this work in a responsive skin? Going forward there will be more features added to frameless skins.

Please use the Blue reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation