Highlighted

RH 2020 - 'Java not found' when generating PDFs

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Just installed the new RH 2020. Since, it's ran sluggishly - and when generating a PDF, it says ''Java not found' in the log.

Is my system's Java out of date?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RH 2020 - 'Java not found' when generating PDFs

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Just installed the new RH 2020. Since, it's ran sluggishly - and when generating a PDF, it says ''Java not found' in the log.

Is my system's Java out of date?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp itself does not need Java so anything you have there should not affect performance. Did you install to the default location with admin rights?

Generating a PDF does require Java. Open the About RoboHelp sample project and look at the PDF Output topic. It's explained there.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter. Thank you for your response.

I am running the latest version of Java 8 - which is higher than the version specified in the topic:

adamm45990798_0-1594973095791.png

I will get in touch with technical support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the version I am on now and I can generate a PDF document. Please let us know what support say.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post back when you hear from support! I'm also having the same issue (same version as you, 1.8.0 261). The installer had already added an entry in the system PATH variable (pointing to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath) and I tried adding the Java folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_261\bin) to JAVA_HOME and JRE_HOME, to cover all bases... no luck.

If I check the java version in a cmd, it works.

C:\Users\ioana>java -version
java version "1.8.0_261"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_261-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.261-b12, mixed mode)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support are investigating now and will come back to me. Will let you know when I've found out more.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 1
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My path is also C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath.

It will be interesting to see what Support come up with.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please install 64bit version of Java 8 and above. Let us know if that resolves the issue.

thanks

Amitoj Singh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 1
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm that it works after uninstalling the 32-bit version and installing the 64-bit version. Totally a user error problem on my side!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0