• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2020: Link to/open PDF from TOC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with help projects where there are embedded PDF files which open directly from the TOC.

I recently upgraded to RH 2020, obviously loosing the Classic UI we have been using to maintain these help projects. After upgrading to RH 2020 these links do not work anymore, and I have tried to use a workaround with a topic containing a thumbnail with a link to the PDF. This works OK, but means several extra clicks to open the PDF.

It seems that the feature where you could add a link directly from a TOC book/page has disappeared or is not working correctly? I tried adding a link to a TOC page (in a "Book style" TOC), but the PDF did not open.

Anyone else who has tried using this method and got it working in RH 2020?

Regards,

Rannveig

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

I just tested this and got the same result with Update 2 applied. The link works in 2020 Update 1. I have reported this to Adobe.

Your options at the moment are to live with your workaround or uninstall and reinstall only to Update 1. You can download Update 1 from the link below.

https://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested this and got the same result with Update 2 applied. The link works in 2020 Update 1. I have reported this to Adobe.

Your options at the moment are to live with your workaround or uninstall and reinstall only to Update 1. You can download Update 1 from the link below.

https://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for the investigation. Hopefully this will be fixed with a new Update.

Rannveig/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you haven't seen it already, Update 3 fixes this.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp