• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2020 Release 5 Can't create PDF now

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to create pdf's in release 4 but after applying release 5 I get the error "Output Generation Failed to generate PDF."

Has anyone else had this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try generating an output from the About RoboHelp sample project. That will tell us if this issue is project specific, which I think it is as no one else has reported it and I just generated a PDF from Update 5.

If it is project specific,

1. Check your preset configuration.
  2. Create a new PDF preset.

Post back how that goes.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same error with a sample file.

Do you have recommendations for the preset configuration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the preset is the issue if About RoboHelp will not generate as other than the target folder, that preset is already configured. However, just check you are generating that to a local folder. Try C:\PDF just to test. Let us know if that fails.

Are other outputs working?

I think I might try uninstalling 2020 and installing Update 5 from Adobe - Support : RoboHelp Support Center : Service Releases

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a different folder and that didn't work. 

I only use Responsive output and that is working.

When I uninstall RH what happens to my project? Do I uninstall RH and then install patch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing happens to your project, uninstalling leaves it where it is.

After uninstalling, reboot. Download Update 5 from the link I gave you and install just that, it is a complete installation.

I can't promise that will fix it but we have ruled out it being the projects as About RoboHelp should work and reinstallation should rule out the current installation being the issue. It is then going to be something in your environment that will need tracking down. It may well involve going to Support but let's try the above first, they are likely to be their first steps.

You must have admin rights on the machine to install. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your instructions but that didn't fix the problem. 

Thank you, I'll contact support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your support contact options.

Sorry that hasn't worked. When it is resolved, please post back what the issue was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF generation needs Java, so you could check that is installed and set up correctly.

System requirements: https://helpx.adobe.com/au/robohelp/user-guide.html/au/robohelp/using/rh_system_requirements.ug.html

Unable to generate a PDF in Adobe RoboHelp: https://helpx.adobe.com/au/robohelp/kb/unable-generate-pdf.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update.

Adobe RH has been connected to my computer several times but still can't get it to work. I still have RH2019 installed and can create a pdf there. I was able to create a pdf with 2020 release 4.

They suggested I uninstall and then reinstall release 4. I did that and now the pdf generation doesn't finish. They are supposed to call back today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@maryannh1366,

Any luck resolving this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. My IT dpt is reinstalling Windows tomorrow on my laptop. maybe that will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IT reinstalled Windows and now I am able to create a PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp