• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH has stopped working when connecting to source control

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one RH 10 project that connects to TFS for source control. Starting this morning, I get the "Adobe RoboHelp 10 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly" error when I use the Open Project from Version Control icon. The project opens fine if I do it directly from my PC. This is not happening with any other project connected to TFS. Is there a file in the root directory that is corrupted that I can delete?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it does work if you open the source controlled project from disk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Willam, it only works when opening the .xpj file directly from Windows Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it works ok when you open the project from disk, I would simply default back to that method.

Could there be a corrupt topic in your project? For example, if you trash the CPD of the local project, does RH crash then as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I deleted the CPD file and tried to connect and it still fails the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case it means finding out what is going wrong.

First off, will the project work without source control? Make a copy of the project, trash the CPD and remove the link to source control (See October 2004 - Banishing the sorcery) and open the project. Same problem?

The way I would try to find the problem: Create an new project, import some 50 topics from the old, close the project and reopen it again. As soon as RoboHelp starts crashing, you know in which batch the faulty file is located. Finetune untill you find the culprit and fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, the project is fine if I don't go through source control. I tried to do an equivalent of what you suggested: I deleted the project locally, made a new workspace on the server and locally, checked in the version of the project from just before I noticed the problem. Then one by one I "got" each following changeset during the time of the problem, but each "get" was successful.

Maybe I should mention that I share this project with a remote team, but I do not share topics with them for the most part. They are not having the same problem. Therefore, I am trying not to delete the entire project to start over. Is there anything else I can do before that drastic option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you are the only one, I would first try to reinstall RoboHelp and any Source Control components you are using. Sorry, but the drastic options are all I can think off. Since there is no clear cause and other projects seem to be working fine, a fluke in one of the applications is the most probable cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp