• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH HTML 2015. Image preview not working for some PNGs during Insert image.

Participant ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have five PNG files in a topic do not "preview" when selected in Insert > Image. The Preview pane displays a red box.

When I preview the topic, the images appear correctly.

I thought that the file names might be too long, but I verified that other PNGs with lengthy file names appear correctly.

I thought that the PNGs might be too larger, but other PNGs of greater size preview correctly.

Are there any restrictions related to images in terms of file name length or size?

Thanks for any help on this issue.

Regards,

Carol Levine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen that happen. I think I deleted the image from RoboHelp and then imported it again. Also try copying the file into the RoboHelp folders and then add it to the topic. It's a case of messing about a bit.Ultimately as long as they can be seen by you and in the outputs, I wouldn't worry too much.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Peter!

We work from Source Control and those images were missing after I got a new machine and “Got” the project from Source Control to my local workspace. So I found them in a previous project, copied them to the images folder, imported them, etc. Still did not appear.

After I posted the question, the preview suddenly began to work. A bit of magic afoot!

Perhaps RoboHelp & Source Control were just being a tad slow earlier today.

Kind regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp