• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rh hyperlink options for imported FM cross references

Participant ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our Rh projects use linked FrameMaker books. Cross-references in the Fm files are converted to hyperlinks in Rh. I'm looking at the hyperlink properties in Rh and see options for how the link behaves. But the cross-refs are always set to the Page Default. I can change the settings one hyperlink at a time, but when I update the linked Fm file the hyperlinks are all replaced.

Is there a way to set these properties during the Fm import process? For example, making an imported x-ref open in a "auto resizing popup"?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the links in FM xrefs or hyperlinks? I think the only way you can play with how the resulting links end up in RH is if you use the hyperlink command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are x-refs in Framemaker. So the reference internal content. I don't think there's a way in Framemaker to hyperlink to internal content. But assuming there is, how can I control the options for Fm hyperlinks in Rh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use them, but I think you have to use Named Destinations to point the hyperlink command to. What do you want the link to look like in the RH output? Maybe it would be easier to post-process your output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We typically put our images in anchored frames, inline with the content. But in this project many of the images are referenced from multiple places. So we're wanting to consolidate the images into one place in the project then cross reference them in the content. To help with navigation in the HTML5 output from Rh we'd like the referenced image to open in a popup. Then the reader can close close the popup and they are still at the same spot in the content. Otherwise the reader would need to "go back" every time they reference an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp