Exit

RH Style Mapping CSS Issue

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Before I ask the two questions below, here is my workflow:

I have the FM files open in FM. I opened RH> new project> saved the project folder on desktop. Once RH was open, I clicked on the project tab> document> imported the FM book. There are two issues that I face:

When I right-click on the Getting Started Guide, I do not see the option to update. Can someone please point out why do i not see the option to update? The screenshot shows you the options I see below?

The second issue is that I do not see the font/setting that I modified in the RHstylesheet mapping applied to the content. It took me some time to add specific modifications under Paragraph and Table. After I apply and say OK, I do not see the the setting applied to the content?

Thanks in advance.

-Ahsan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Hi there

I'm not a Frame user, but I'd be willing to bet that because you "Imported", that's why you aren't able to update.

Import is typically a one off. RoboHelp sucks the content in and you are done. Nothing more to see or do in Frame or Word or wherever you are importing from. Likely you want to "Link". When you establish a link, there is an ongoing relationship with what you have linked to. And in that case, Update should be an option.

Hopefully another user will be able to help with the CSS m

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm not a Frame user, but I'd be willing to bet that because you "Imported", that's why you aren't able to update.

Import is typically a one off. RoboHelp sucks the content in and you are done. Nothing more to see or do in Frame or Word or wherever you are importing from. Likely you want to "Link". When you establish a link, there is an ongoing relationship with what you have linked to. And in that case, Update should be an option.

Hopefully another user will be able to help with the CSS mapping issues.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Rick is right about Import being a one-shot deal - once it's in RH, the FM content is on its own. Importing works fine though as long as you do your FM paragraph and character tag mappings correctly. When you import (or link for that matter) you see RH sucking in & analysing your FM content. Then it stops and pops a dialog about what sort of stuff you want to convert and what CSS is to be used. Click on the Edit Framemaker button - that opens up a Conversion Settings screen that allows you to map and control FM paragraphs, characters, tables, images, cross-refs, CSH markers to their RH equivalents. Once you've got it working that way that you want, you can export these settings into an .isf file that can be imported into a new project and used again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter Grainge has a nice overview of importing on this page - Importing using RoboHelp - it refers to the process of sucking in Word docs, but the same is true of FM content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you everyone for your responses. I see the mistake I made. I did not link the FM document but imported it. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp