• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH Topic Header size changes when search result is viewed

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've published a RH project in 2 formats - frameless and HTML5 - and in both instances when a user clicks on a search result, the topic heading font size changes. I've gone through all the layout settings and don't see a way to prevent this. Thoughts?

I'm using RH 2019.0.14 by the way.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

I had an idea over the weekend. I think you have a font-size specificed on the span tag.

For a quick fix, if you look under "Character styles" I think you'll find one called 'span'. Double-click on it, select Format > Font and delete the value in the Size field.

Otherwise you could look in the stylesheet code using a text editor and find a style like this, and delete the font-size entry.

span {

properties: here;

}

I'd recommend deleting the span style itself. This

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the issue that they see a list of results with the headers one size, then when they click on it and the topic is opened the heading in the topic is larger? If that is it, then I would expect that but if it is something else, please clarify.

Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Some supporters will not open attachments for security reasons and if you do download, you are then not seeing the image inline with the text. Then thanks to a quirk of this forum you have to close the thread and reopen it before you can reply. Crazy but that's the way it is.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like the Topic Header changes size to match the result? which is not what I want. My preference is for the Topic Header size to be retained. Here's a screenshot...

SearchResult.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which skins? 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML5 Output - Charcoal_Grey

Frameless Ouput - LightDefault

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't recreate it in Charcoal Grey and there is no supplied frameless skin called Light Default.

Create a new project with just a couple of topics. Does it happen there with the default CSS? If not, then add your own CSS and see if it happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry - the frameless skin is Dark (I renamed it cos I lightened the color pallete) .

You may have a point on the css file as this is a project I coverted from RH 2015. If that is the problem, any suggestions on how I might resolve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll know better what to suggest if you run that test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProjectTest.png

You're right....it does not occur in a new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it's to do with the search highlight. Can you try searching for text that is not in the topic heading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The result is the same...the header is still resized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched for text that was in the heading and it didn't change the size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter I ran the test you suggested and the header was not resized in a new project. Any suggestions on how I can resolve the problem in the existing project? It's too large to recreate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a new skin and call it say Charcoal Grey 2. Generate an ouput with that without customising it in any way.

If that works, also test a new frameless skin.

Post back with the results of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the test above - added a new skin & output preset for both with no modifications to the presets or layouts. The headers are resized in the search results.

Retest.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unfortunately would not be able to do that based on the proprietary information it contains. I may just have to establish a long term goal of converting this topic by topic to a new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would this work?

Create a copy of the project and delete all the topics except two or three. In those topics delete the content and replace with any old text you like.

Check the issue is still there and then send it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes....let me get that setup. I'll get the contact info to send it to from your page. Many thanks Peter for taking the time to investigate this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to send it via a different file transfer system than the one advised on your site because of restrictions on my end. Please let me know if you do not receive it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the link to download. I will take a look tomorrow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link you sent me requires a login and password. You told me what to use as a login but I don't have a password. Email me via my site to see how we can resolve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't work this weekend Peter so I missed your update. Amebr's suggestion below however resolved this issue. Thank you for taking the time to review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an idea over the weekend. I think you have a font-size specificed on the span tag.

For a quick fix, if you look under "Character styles" I think you'll find one called 'span'. Double-click on it, select Format > Font and delete the value in the Size field.

Otherwise you could look in the stylesheet code using a text editor and find a style like this, and delete the font-size entry.

span {

}

I'd recommend deleting the span style itself. This is because the span tag is used for all inline styling, so setting styles in your stylesheet can mess that up. Instead set up separate styles for any formatting you want.

If you've used the span tag with the stylesheet styling, I think you'll have some manual tidying up to do though, so test in a copy of your project first.

For Classic, create the style by right-clicking on the Character styles entry and selecting New, then typing a name for the style (e.g. BrandedEmphasis). Behind the scenes this creates a css style that looks like this:

span.BrandedEmphasis {

font-size: 12pt;

color: #ff00ff;

font-weight: bold;

}

Amebr_0-1616371344224.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked! I removed the span character style as I never use it anyway and the result topic headers retain their size. Thank you so much Amebr!

resolved.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp