• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH10 online help not working on MS Edge

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with getting the online help to open in Edge. I'm using RH 10. The html help works fine on Firefox, Chrome, and IE, but not on Edge.

I don't have it installed on my machine, but one of the developers at work tried to open it on his machine and it would not open at all. Well, actually it opens to a totally blank page.

The only info I have is what the developer said. He sent me the following info:

During the investigation of issue, it's found our help page %ROOT%\docs\start.htm can't be opened with Microsoft Edge. We can try to right-click on this
file, and select open with MS Edge, it will fail.

And after debugging, I can see this is caused by the following script in that page:

if

(!window.gbWhVer||!window.gbWhUtil||!window.gbWhMsg)
document.location.reload();

When we open this file with MS edge,  I can see object window does exist, but variables like
window.gbWhVer,
window.gbWhUtil, window.gbWhMsg are all showed to be undefined,

this caused document.location.reload() to be called, and it seems that it's kept to be called again and again(like an endless loop), and this caused the opening of start.htm with MS edge failed.

Can anyone provide any insight into why this is not opening at all in Edge?

Thanks,

dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Ok, I generated WebHelp using your project in RH10 and then put both it & the output you sent back up on Dropbox in that dwc folder. Then I downloaded both of them onto a Win10 machine running Edge 25.10586.0.0. They both seem to work fine - other than throwing that initial message about "This site says...Exception: reply for which no request exist" OK. You're welcome to grab the version I just made & try it out - maybe the version of Edge makes some difference or having it on a webserver vs. on

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2016 Sep 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried downloading the newest RoboHelp and testing? That will likely be the answer. Upgrade your RoboHelp version so that the code generated is compatible with recent browsers.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp