Highlighted

RH10 - WebHelp to CHM Converter from the Command Line

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We generate WebHelp and CHMs as part of our ClearCase build process. Our Configuration Management Engineer is trying to develop a command line script to call the WebHelp2CHM Converter. He says he can open WebHelp but at that point the script hangs. Does anyone have experience running the WebHelp2CHM converter script from a command line? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RH10 - WebHelp to CHM Converter from the Command Line

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We generate WebHelp and CHMs as part of our ClearCase build process. Our Configuration Management Engineer is trying to develop a command line script to call the WebHelp2CHM Converter. He says he can open WebHelp but at that point the script hangs. Does anyone have experience running the WebHelp2CHM converter script from a command line? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any knowledge of the converter but why don't you get Rh to create the CHM?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're using the WeHelp2CHM converter in RoboHelp 10 to produce a CHM that uses the same skin as our WebHelp.

Everything works fine in RoboHelp. The problem is the result of our ClearCase build process that uses the command line to output the help in conjunction with software. The WebHelp2CHM converter script was written by Praful Jain in 2012. I believe that Praful is or was a RoboHelp developer. Our developer wants to talk to Praful because he doesn't understand a function in the script. Our developer says that when he attempts to open the WebHelp project, it is already open and his program / script hangs. 

So at this point, my question is what would be the process for trying to get in touch with a RoboHelp developer or Praful Jain?

Thanks.

Charlie Kyle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Praful has moved on. Tell your developer to post the question here.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines