• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH10 WebHelp - Troubleshoot email link script

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need assistance.  The below script was written in HTML view to allow a topic to be emailed that provides a link directly to the topic vs to the home page.

It was working for about a year and now it does not work anymore.  When the link is created and sent via email, the recipient of the email clicks on the link and it bring them to the home page.

Can someone review the script and advise what I need to do in order to correct it?

6-12-2015 7-28-58 AM.png

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I think we may need more information here.

For example:

Does it happen with any and all browsers or one specific browser?

What version of the browser?

What does the link destination look like when it has been hovered? For example, http://www.somesite.com/somepage.htm or whatever.

What is the output type? WebHelp, FlashHelp, Responsive, Multiscreen, etc?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default browser used is IE 8

Output is WebHelp

Here is an example of what it looks like when the email link is selected in HTML and added to an email window:

Data Clean-up FAQ: file://ustrysvpsqlcl9/appshare/DNN_Instances/DNN_Apollo/Portals/0/IDRPHelpFile/SSL/WebHelp/start.htm...

When the link is click it goes to the main home page instead of the topic.  As mentioned before it used to work correctly and now it doesn't and there have been other people touching the application so not sure why has changed to cause this issue.

Thank you for attempting to help.

Joanna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, okay. If I were in your shoes and trying to fix this, my first step would involve simply opening the FAQs_Data_Clean-up_FAQ.htm topic all its own in the output folder. And from there, depending on your SSL recipe settings, hopefully you will see a "Show" link in the upper corner. If so, click the link and note what is revealed in the address bar of the browser. Copy that URL and compare it to the one that doesn't work. Does it look any different? Paste it into a new browser. Does it work to open the topic?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the link located in the topic or in the skin? For the skin, you may want to try my toolbarscripts: http://www.wvanweelden.eu/product/webhelp-pro-toolbar-scripts

Is the behaviour different when you place the output on file (as you're doing now) and when you add it to a webserver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William,

I do have a toolbarscript attached to the skin and when I look at the Master Pages (HTML) it shows the script written in there as well.  Should it be removed from the Master Pages, is that what could be causing the issue?

Joanna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the code within the master pages:

}
function 'My customer title ' +GetTopicPane() {//Get the topic pane
var topicPane;
if (top.frames[0].name == "ContentFrame")
  topicPane = top.frames[0].frames[1].frames[1];
else
  topicPane = top.frames[1].frames[1];
topicPane.focus();
return topicPane;
}

function emailCurrentPage(){
            window.location.href="mailto:?subject="+document.title+"&body="+escape(window.location.href);
        }

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tested the WebHelp Toolbar Scripts and it works fine for me. The JS you posted is garbled and won't work since you simply get the window.location.href. Instead you need the CSH URL: The URL of the main page with additionally the URL of the topic relative to the project root. If you look in the code of the toolbar scripts, you can see how that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp