Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH11 and RH2015 coexistance

Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can RH11 and RH2015 be installed side by side?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but you will face some confusion in Windows regarding which version will open .xpj file types. Also, watch out for differing versions of Acrobat – they don’t play nice together at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thks, but this will hopefully only affect the .XPJ files and not other file types I'm probably opening from RH?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Indeed, basically the ONLY file type I could see being affected would be the XPJ. And here's why. Windows has a "file association" that it maintains in the innards of the registry. Whatever the newest (or last) application is that has been installed will be opened by default if you simply double-click on that file type. So, assuming that's how you prefer to operate, if you installed RoboHelp (2015 Release) last, the Windows registry would then point to this version to open an XPJ file. If you double-click an older XPJ, RoboHelp (2015 Release) will then open and offer to upgrade the project.

The workaround is to work as I typically do. Never double-click files to open them. Open the RoboHelp version you wish to use, then open the desired project.

One caveat is to note that once a project has been touched or created by the newer version, you can't expect to open it successfully in an older version. It's a one way street. So if you are just kicking the tires on RoboHelp (2015 Release) it would behoove you to make a backup copy to play with.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

thank you for the information.

I also never double clicked a .jsx before - did not even recognize its working

And the "one way" hint is what I also expected - but this will not affect me at all, as I am using a CMS for such a kind of work.

Wil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp