• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH11: Assigned Map IDs Issue

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inherited an Online Help system and have had to make many updates - including renaming topics to more logical names. But when I go into a topic's properties, often times there is more than one topic name in the Assigned Map IDs field. But, no matter how I try, I cannot get rid of the extra topic name that does not belong there.

I've even tried manually editing the BSSCDefault.H and whcshdata.js files, but the topic name does not appear in either file. Where does RH get these topic names if not from these two files?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

How did you change the name of the topic? Hopefully you went into Topic Properties and changed it there and not from the Windows Explorer, right?

Assuming you properly renamed the topic, I experimented and noticed (just as you did) that the Map ID persisted in the topic properties dialog, even if I deleted the listing in the .h file itself using Notepad! I also deleted the .cpd file and restarted RoboHelp and the old name persisted.

Here is a possible solution which worked for me.

1. Duplicate your

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, rphox2003 and welcome to the forums.

When automatically creating and assigning Map/Topic IDs, RoboHelp uses whatever is in the <title> tag of the topic and not (as is often misunderstood) the topic's Heading 1; or the topic filename which can be quite different from the Title tag. The important things is that the Topic ID is unique. You might generate a Map ID and Duplicate Map ID report to see if that helps analyze your issue.

Sorry if I'm not understanding your issue completely. Feel free to elaborate and we'll try to help. 🙂

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

303-949-3361

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH11_MapIDs.png

There are two entries in the Assigned Map IDs textbox. The first (Queues_Explorer_Pane) is the old filename/topic name, which I changed to Transactions_Explorer_Pane. The problem is that if I click Edit Map IDs, Queues Explorer Pane appears in neither the Map IDs list or Topic list - so I cannot delete it.

Queues Explorer Pane also does not appear in whcshdata.js or BSSCDefault.h,

I know it probably doesn't make much difference but I would like to leave a clean environment if I ever have to hand-off the project.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you change the name of the topic? Hopefully you went into Topic Properties and changed it there and not from the Windows Explorer, right?

Assuming you properly renamed the topic, I experimented and noticed (just as you did) that the Map ID persisted in the topic properties dialog, even if I deleted the listing in the .h file itself using Notepad! I also deleted the .cpd file and restarted RoboHelp and the old name persisted.

Here is a possible solution which worked for me.

1. Duplicate your Transactions_Explorer_Pane.htm topic to back it up first.
  2. Then, create a dummy topic with the old Queues_Explorer_Pane.htm name, and save the project.
  3. Using the Edit Map IDs dialog, AutoAssign a Map ID to the new dummy: Queues_Explorer_Pane.htm topic.
  4. Save and close the project for good measure.
  5. Open and return to the Edit Map ID dialog.
  6. Select the dummy Queues_Explorer_Pane.htm topic ID listing and first unassign it.
  7. Then Delete the Map ID listing.
  8. Close and reopen and the old listing should be gone from Topic Properties.
  9. You can then continue to use your "new" Transactions_Explorer_Pane topic or delete it and rename the duplicated one and assign the Map ID to bring things back into order.

John Daigle

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I renamed the topic from inside RH.

Your solution sounds logical and will, hopefully, work. I'll try it first chance I get and let you know. Thanks for your help,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John Daigle. It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp