• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH11 does not generate java?

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company upgraded to RH11 (from RH9). Since the upgrade, when we generate webhelp, the search feature does not work. We run IE11 and WIN7. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH doesn’t generate Java – it uses JavaScript to run its WebHelp output. You are probably running into the browser security issues that have surfaced. Make sure you are fully patched up in your RH11 version & regenerate your WebHelp again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff! We will give this a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, you might have come along after this particular change.

What KLujan might be referring to here is the way the output was generated in earlier versions. I just looked at the earliest version I have installed (version 8) and even that version is missing the Java option. What I mean is that when generating WebHelp, we may choose from a navigation option. Here is a RoboHelp 2015 release screen showing where it would have appeared:

tmp1.png

Note that what we have seen for the last several versions is a fallback of DHTML > Pure HTML. But earlier than those, we saw DHTML > Java Applet > Pure HTML. So if the WebHelp scripting detected that DTHML wasn't possible, it tried using the Java Applet for the navigation (TOC, Index, Search, Glossary).

Then again, what might also be the case is the Single Source Output recipe of "JavaHelp". Again, screen capture is from RoboHelp 2015 release.

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re right Rick – I definitely came in after that DHTML > Java Applet > Pure HTML setting had disappeared. I was also hoping that the OP hadn’t created Javahelp (because then they should have posted in the Other Single Source Layouts forum) ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...because then they should have posted in the Other Single Source Layouts forum...

LOL, how many times have we seen folks actually realize that they should do that?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I live in hope!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice. We are already using the settings you show in your first screen shot, but can't locate an option for the second screen shot. This has not fixed our issues. I've asked for a reinstall of RH11 and will look for current patches to see if perhaps that is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

KLujan, you will need to right-click the Single Source Layouts pod as shown below. Once you do that, you should see the dialog listing the different output types.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp