• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH11 - How can I backup the .xpj file?

Participant ,
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now my RoboHelp files are saved to on a network drive and backed up nightly. However, is there a way I can manually backup the files? Is there also a way to version the backups by date?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provided you don’t have version control at play (and if you do, then why bother with the extra backups), you can do a zip folder of the complete project, rename the zip backup to whatever date/versioning you want to call it & haul it back to your c:\ drive. This is the method that Peter Grainge advocates on his site for simple sharing of projects – I use the same technique to swap one of my projects back and for with another writer in Pakistan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back in the day when I was in the corporate world, I installed a CD burner in my PC. I created a new folder for each day and at day's end I would copy the project to that folder.

Given today's technology, I'd probably use a USB stick or a small portable USB drive to do the same thing.

As for Jeff and asking about source control and if you have it, why bother. Well, all I can say is that source control lives on a server. And those have also been known to fail. There's nothing like having an ability to recover at your own pace and not be forced to halt work and be left twiddling your thumbs while you wait for the powers that be to restore operation! Makes you look that much better to the boss, eh?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2015 Feb 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oooh, thumb-twiddling because of an IT failure! Best times I’ve ever had at the office ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp