• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH11 Printed output missing headers

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will provide a lot of information in hopes someone has a solution (other than rebuild the project).

The problem: When I generate a Printed Documentation SSL the topic header (from the master page) is missing.

I am part of a team that maintains over 120 RH9 and RH11 projects, we are in the middle of converting RH9 to RH11. All of the projects have been working fine post conversion until now.

One project, the RH11 version, won't generate the topic header or footer to the Word doc. I have not seen this behavior before so did a lot of reading on Peter's site as well as others about generating printed documentation. Unfortunately, I could not find an answer.

My RH environment:

We use a mater page that has a header with the Topic title field in it and a footer with a date field and Copyright statement. That master page is applied to the topics. We have a Style Sheet applied to the Master page and thus applied to each topic using the master page.

What I have tried so far:

I have built a clean topic with the master page

I have built a clean master page with and without fields in header and footer

I have built a clean TOC

I have built a clean StyleSheet

I have built a clean SSL

I have tried every option of the SSL

I have tried moving the topic in the clean TOC to in a chapter and not in a chapter

The result is the same, I get exactly what I expect except the header and footer of the topic is missing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also information about printed documentation in the sample

projects. See Employee Care.

If that doesn't help, can you share the project? I can't look until the

weekend but with something like this it is probably the easiest solution.

If you can, see the Contact page on my site.

My suspicion is the header and footer options that were added in Rh11 need

checking.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will look at the sample project and see if the light bulb goes off.

Can you confirm that a topic with a master page that has the Title field in the header would print the title of the topic page if it is a page in the TOC. The behavior I am looking to see is the same as in the WebHelp where when you view the page you see the header with the Title of the page.

If I fail to get any insight from the sample project I will follow the upload instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you have to set that in the print layout. A while since I looked at it

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp