• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH11 - SSL layouts slowing RoboHelp making it almost unusable

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH11 and converted projects from RH6.

We were previously using RoboHelp Server but decided to host our help documentation on a simple IIS server using Webhelp layout.

Here is the issue:

• One RH project
  • I have about 30 different layouts: 15 versions of the product each one being available online or on a BluRay disk
  • I have to publish each layout to different locations and our IIS servers are load balanced so for each layout I need to publish to two different locations
  • Result is I have about 60 different publishing locations

I read in the following post about issue of slowness in RH8 when more than 3 publishing locations are configured in a single project Re: Single Source Layouts Slowing RoboHelp

I did not see any resolution to this and now getting very worried as RH takes forever to open and selecting and opening layout takes 3 to 4 minutes

I batch generate all my layouts and let it run and publish over the weekend so having all the publishing locations prepopulated is of utmost importance.

Is there a workaround or solution to this issue? If RH cannot handle this it seriously takes a lot of value away from an automation perspective.

Thank you!

Christopher Rousset 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Hi Christopher ,

There is a file kept in project folder "pblsvrs.sss" which has all the server details in it.

RoboHelp is taking long to parse the file because of its huge size as there are 60 server entries in it.

To solve this issue, you need to keep this file out of project folder and copy it in project folder only before output generation and then deleting it again from the project folder.

We can assist you with scripting solution to achieve this in an automated way.

You can contact me at sumahesh@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christopher ,

There is a file kept in project folder "pblsvrs.sss" which has all the server details in it.

RoboHelp is taking long to parse the file because of its huge size as there are 60 server entries in it.

To solve this issue, you need to keep this file out of project folder and copy it in project folder only before output generation and then deleting it again from the project folder.

We can assist you with scripting solution to achieve this in an automated way.

You can contact me at sumahesh@adobe.com in case you need scripting solution.

Thanks and regards,

Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Surbji,

Thank you very much, I have been indeed renamime the sss file before opening the project and that does speed everything up. I would very much welcome a script to automate the process. I will reach out be email.

Kind regards,

Christopher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp