I generated a frame-based WebHelp system in RoboHelp 11. Everything looks fine on my local drive when I launch it through IE or Firefox, and in all browsers when it's launched from a different server. However, when I open the help system locally through a Google Chrome browser, the primary content frame is blank. (The top.html and bottom.html appears just fine.) Help, please!
First thing to try is clicking Help > Updates and ensure you are working with the latest service release.
I can't tell from your description if you mean you are working with WebHelp as RoboHelp generates it or if you have maybe introduced your own framesets and associated topics that would populate the framesets you have created. If you could please shed some light on that bit it would be great.
Thank you for your prompt reply!
I updated RoboHelp to the latest release, restarted my computer, and regenerated the file, but still have the same issue.
Basically, I generate WebHelp through RoboHelp, then have a frameset labeled "index.html" that calls 3 different .html files:
When I open index.html in IE or Firefox on my local machine, all three files appear without issue. In Google Chrome, however, top.html and bottom.html appear, but there is just a blank screen where content.html should be. When these files and the entire help system is uploaded to a server so that the Help is launched through a web-based application, the Google Chrome issue does not exist. So the issue occurs only in Chrome and only when launched from my local drive.