• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH11: WebHelp Search Results are Not Returning Words that are in the Project

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, the word note returns no results when entered by itself. When I put it in quotes, I get 33 results. Note is not included in the stop word list. I have not gotten an exhaustive list of words from my customer, but I'd think a word that's not included on the stop list would appear without having to use quotes. There are a few words the customer didn't realize simply aren't in the webhelp.

And why does it work with quotes? Words that are on the stop word list will return results if I put them in quotes.

A little education would be appreciated here. Let me know if I need to share any other specifics about the webhelp build. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have substring search enabled? If you haven't, does enabling it make any difference? Could these words be in the "Always ignore" list?

As for the words that don't exist: you can use topic keywords to add these keywords as search words for that topic. So your user will still be able to find the topic without the word being used in the text. Alternatively, you can use search synonyms as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp