• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH17 Import Responsive HTML5 skins

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you import a Responsive HTML5 skin from another project? It doesn't appear to be in the same location as your usual .skn files, !SkinSubFolder!. In fact, I'm not sure where it lives - you access it and edit it from the Single Source Layout, which is really different. What file extension does it have? What folder is it under so I can use Import>Skins to add it to the project? (can we still do that??) Thanks much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click the layout and export it.

Import in other project.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, are you looking at RH17? Because I don't get an "Export" option when I right-click the skin in the Gallery.

I'm opening the Responsive HTML5 single source layout, and clicking Customize Selected Layout from the General tab on the dialog. I selected Charcoal Grey, but need to add modifications and a company logo - which I've already done for another project. When I click Gallery, four skins display, but nothing happens when I right-click any of them. There is no Export option anywhere else.

Do you know what the file extension is for Charcoal Grey? Do you know what folder it's in? If I navigate to that from the Skins option on Output Setup, will it apply this skin the same way it would for an .skn file?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I am not looking at RoboHelp17 because it doesn't exist, I am looking at RoboHelp 2017. (Correct naming helps others when searching.)

Look in the Output Setup pod. Right click the layout you want to export there.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Are you in Robohelp 2017? Because the only skins in Output Setup that display are Beautiful Vista Flash and Default. These are NOT HTML5 skins. Is there another place to look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS. Where is this "Export" feature in Robohelp 2017 (RH17) in the HTML5 single source layout? Right-click doesn't work. It only works in Output Setup, which is NOT where this skin lives. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

half4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick, I was just about to post that.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THAT is what I was asking! Thanks Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I had said right click the layout so I thought you would right click the Screen Layout icon. As it's late here I was working from a tablet in the lounge. When I saw that you were struggling I came upstairs to do a screenshot but Rick beat me to that.

You said "It only works in Output Setup, which is NOT where this skin lives" but that is where the layout (skin) lives.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This video may also help.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS. I've gone through all the folders in !ScreenLayout!, !SSL!, and !ScreenLayout! searching for "All Skin Files" but Robohelp doesn't recognize any kind of skin file in any of those folders. So HTML5 must be using another file type, or hiding the file in a folder I haven't considered. Thanks much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use Export. RoboHelp creates the file you then import.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp