• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2015 TOC links in wrong color

Participant ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH2015 and using the Charcoal_Grey responsive layout and when I preview or generate output the topic links in my TOC are blue and magenta instead of the default colors as defined in the Layout Customization dialog of (Selected color E1E1E1). Is there a way to override these to make them the defaults so the ouput looks like they should.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

At a quick read it looks as if importing a new layout and setting the width first did the trick. I think I would leave your project alone and create a new project with just a few topics and try to get the layout working in that.

If that doesn't work and has the same problem, see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

I won't be able to look at it today and probably not tomorrow

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have edited your post as you are using RoboHelp 2015. Using the correct name helps others when searching.

Are the affected links in topics that started life in Word?

If they are, look under Fixing the Import in Importing using RoboHelp Chances are there are some embedded styles.Even if they are not imports, look for something similar to that.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In TOC list pane of topic links to view in the Charcoal_Grey layout when I generate a test system or do the preview option appear in the colors mentioned above. We did not use WORD to create our topics but created them from scratch as we currently output to WebHelp. I did look through the document you mentioned Peter, and found the following info and looked for the embedded style of the following in my topics and didn't locate this embedded style probably because we didn't start with WORD docs but it did refer to the links being a certain color so looked anyway:

<style type="text/css">/*<![CDATA[*/

A:visited {

color: #800080;

}

A:link {

color: #0000ff;

}

/*]]>*/</style>

As I mentioned before I am trying to use the existing topics from our webhelp output for the responsiveHTML5 output and I'm running into goofy problems. The non-grey coloring for the topics in the TOC list is one of them. Also my back and forward buttons appear in the preview mode, but do not in my generated output. Sorry to introduce another issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What css is being used in the topics? Have you checked that it's properly defining the links?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a but stumped on this. How would the TOC links be affected by the Topic CSS? I'm equally stymied as to how the origination of the topic would make a difference. Not saying it won't, but it seems to defy my own logic.

For the O/P, what if you use a different layout?

Strange to be sure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because Word adds in topic hyperlink styles as on my site (link above).

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must stop reply late at night, it is here anyway.Last answer deleted as it was off beam.

Sorry TOC links! Can you please post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot in the Preview and it looks the same when I generate.

I did find another forum posting you were involved in, Peter, that is exactly what I did. The posting is called "TOC turns blue when I edit the logo placeholder on the header in layout.css" dated October 16, 2017 that you provided assistance. Here is the link to the posting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9885549#9885549

Should I import a new clean layout.css from the Charcoal_Grey layout and just not update the sizing of it? I don't like this solution but thought I would ask. You seemed to get it to work, but I'm not sure how from the other posting. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At a quick read it looks as if importing a new layout and setting the width first did the trick. I think I would leave your project alone and create a new project with just a few topics and try to get the layout working in that.

If that doesn't work and has the same problem, see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

I won't be able to look at it today and probably not tomorrow.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created another project and decided to keep the logo the original size and not muck with layout.css and it worked fine. We've decided to keep the logo we have at the original size on the Header to prevent any additional problems. Is there a way to "replace" the mucked up layout.css in my production project with the clean layout.css from my test project? I don't want to import the entire "test" screen layout (.slz file?) because then it adds another Screen layout to my list and I already have a bunch listed. Just curious? I hope you understand what I'm saying here. Thanks again Peter for all of your assistance. You've been and awesome support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also meant to include I am working with the same Charcoal_Grey layout in test and production projects just use different names. I just don't know if the layout.css has code in it that refers to the actual name of the layout in the event you change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exported my test layout that worked and imported it into my production project and it works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that you have resolved your problems. Have you managed to do so with the larger image as well?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am just using the image we have and keeping the size of the placeholder for it in layout.css as-is the default. I don't want anything to break again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp