• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2017 - Applying styles to snippet

Participant ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have around 50 snippets with few lines of text in it. As part of the branding, we are changing the font style and size. How can I define a style and apply to all snippets?

When I edit a snippet and define a style it gets applied to only the selected snippet. I want to apply it to all.

I am not able to apply a style defined in the master page to the snippet. Any pointers?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Whilst you can apply a CSS to a snippet, if the topic CSS and the snippet CSS both have the same style names, topic CSS wins. So if the P tag is 10pt Verdana in topic CSS and in snippet it is 11pt Times, in the output both will be 10pt Verdana. The trick is to use classes such as p.snippet and use unique names.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can apply a stylesheet to a snippet using the Properties dialog box. Then you can select styles as normal.

Do note that if you are changing the font style and size in  your regular stylesheet, then the snippets will get those automatically in the output. For example, if you change your Normal style to be Arial Black 15pt, then any plain paragraphs in your snippets will display display in Arial Black 15pt in the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst you can apply a CSS to a snippet, if the topic CSS and the snippet CSS both have the same style names, topic CSS wins. So if the P tag is 10pt Verdana in topic CSS and in snippet it is 11pt Times, in the output both will be 10pt Verdana. The trick is to use classes such as p.snippet and use unique names.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made the assumption that the standard topic css would be applied. I wouldn't recommend a separate css for the snippets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Amebr Generally neither would I as the idea is that the snippet morphs to the CSS used in each topic and they could be different. I just wanted to explain what would happen if you applied a CSS expecting that to override the topic CSS, which it will not.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp